ExoGENI is a joint effort between RENCI/UNC-Chapel Hill and Duke University in collaboration with IBM, which provides the hardware platforms for ExoGENI deployments. ExoGENI is funded by the GENI Project Office.
ExoGENI is powered by the following software components:
- ORCA – core control framework
- Ahab – a library for programmatically interacting with ORCA to create and manage slices
- Flukes – a GUI for interacting with ORCA to create and manage slices
- NodeAgent2 – plugin-based system for ORCA to program with various substrates
- COMET metadata service
- ImageProxy supporting the Bring Your Own Image functionality
- Pequod administrator tool for ORCA
- Image snapshotting tools for VMs
- Blowhole pub-sub based system supporting event messaging in ORCA
- Actor registry for ORCA actors
- RSpec-NDL converter for ORCA-GENI API compatibility
Current ExoGENI team consists of
Ilya Baldin (PI), Mert Cevik (Operations), Komal Thareja (Software Development), Erica Fu (Software Development), Mauricio Tavares (Operations).